Later this week I’m off to Anaheim, CA for the ALA Annual Conference 2012. I’m looking forward to catching up with and seeing my colleagues from all over the country. 🙂 But per usual, I need a clone. There are far too many sessions going on concurrently that I want to attend!
Here are a few highlights:
- The Library Code Year Interest Group inaugural meeting!: http://ala12.scheduler.ala.org/node/651
- Kuali OLE (learn about the project; FYI, MPOW is a development partner): http://ala12.scheduler.ala.org/node/260
- Continuing Resources Cataloging Update Forum: http://ala12.scheduler.ala.org/node/378
- Quality Standards in Batch Records and Adventures in Cooperative Cataloging: http://ala12.scheduler.ala.org/node/380
- CONSER/BIBCO/SACO At-Large: http://ala12.scheduler.ala.org/node/1166 (agenda: http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/documents/PCC-At-Large-Agenda-June-2012.doc)
- PCC Participants’ Meeting (undifferentiated names in the LC/NACO Authority File): http://ala12.scheduler.ala.org/node/261 (agenda: http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/documents/PCC-Participants-Meeting-2012-Annual.doc)
- RDA Meetings (thank’s RDA Toolkit for the list!): http://www.rdatoolkit.org/blog/392
For anyone wanting/needing to track me down at ALA, here’s my full ALA Annual 2012 Anaheim schedule (subject to change at any given moment leading up to the start and as the conference progresses):
Update (6/19/2012): My colleagues and I have enacted a “divide and conquer” approach. Thus for the time slots with multiple items they are ranked in terms of priority, with the High designated sessions being the ones I said I’d attend. Unfortunately, the “priority” status isn’t visible in the public version of my calendar. Boo. At any rate, DM me via Twitter (@slmcdanold) or text me if you’re trying to find me.